1. Will use of Power Service diesel additives void my manufacturer’s warranty?
When used as directed, use of Power Service diesel fuel additives will not void any engine manufacturer’s warranty.
2. I know Power Service diesel additives are used in over-the-road trucks, but can I use them in my diesel-powered car, pickup, tractor, etc.?
Yes, Power Service diesel additives are safe for use in any diesel engine.
3. Is it safe to use Power Service diesel additives in engines with diesel particulate filters, diesel oxidation catalysts and/or EGR engines?
Yes, Power Service diesel additives are safe for use in any diesel engine, including those with advanced emissions control devices.
4. What is the shelflife of your products?
Indefinitely in a sealed container. Once the seal has been broken, the best practice is to use the product within 12 months.
5. Will product leak out of a partially used container?
Yes. Power Service diesel additives packaged in 16-ounce, 32-ounce, 80-ounce and 1-gallon containers are packaged as single-use containers with a tamper-evident seal. Once the seal has been broken, the container cannot be resealed and product will leak. The best practice is to use the container sized for your fuel tank capacity.
6. When is the best time to add Power Service diesel additives to my fuel?
The best time to add Power Service diesel additives is while you are filling up with fuel. This ensures proper mixture of the additive with the fuel.
7. Do Power Service diesel additives contain alcohol?
Power Service Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost, Diesel Kleen +Cetane Boost, Clear-Diesel Fuel & Tank Cleaner and Bio Kleen Diesel Fuel Biocide do not contain any alcohols of any kind. Diesel 911 contains a particular type of non-harmful alcohol recommended by engine manufacturers for removal of water. This is an emergency-use product used to restore the flow of fuel to an engine due to gelling or icing.
8. What is the difference between Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost and Diesel Kleen +Cetane Boost?
Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost (in the white bottle) is a winterizer/antigel for use when temperatures drop below 30°F. for winter operability. Diesel Kleen +Cetane Boost (in the silver bottle) is an injector cleaner and performance improver for use when temperatures are above 30°F. Use our seasonal tip to help remember which product to use: “White for winter, silver for summer.”
9. Can I use Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost and Diesel Kleen +Cetane Boost at the same time?
Yes, we have many customers who do not want to lose the performance improvements provided by Diesel Kleen +Cetane Boost when the weather gets cold. The products are compatible and can be used together.
10. What is the difference between Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost and Diesel 911?
The Arctic Formula of Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost prevents fuel gelling and protects against fuel-filter icing. The Winter Rescue Formula of Diesel 911 is used when gelling or icing has already occurred
and the engine won’t start. Use Diesel 911 to get your engine running and then add Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost to prevent future gelling.
11. Can I use Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost and Diesel 911 at the same time?
Yes, Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost and Diesel 911 are compatible and can be used together.
12. How often should I use Power Service diesel additives?
Our recommended Year-Around Maintenance Schedule is:
Every time you fill up:
- If temperatures are above 30°F., add Diesel Kleen +Cetane Boost (silver bottle) for maximum performance. This Max HP Formula is loaded with cetane, detergent and lubricity improver to provide peak diesel performance.
- If temperatures are below 30°F., add Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost (white bottle) for winter operability. This Arctic Formula will prevent fuel gelling and protect against fuel-filter icing.
(Use our seasonal tip: White for winter, silver for summer!)
At least quarterly or as needed:
- Add Clear-Diesel Fuel & Tank Cleaner to remove water, disperse contaminants and ensure fuel and tank are clean for long-term storage.
In a winter emergency:
- Use Diesel 911 to reliquefy gelled fuel and de-ice frozen fuel-filters if your vehicle will not start or gain power in cold weather.
13. Will it hurt my engine to use Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost year-around, even though it contains an antigel for winter operability?
No, it will not hurt your engine to use Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost year-around. However, for maximum performance, Diesel Kleen +Cetane Boost should be used when temperatures are above 30°F.
14. Can I use your products in gasoline?
No, our products are not to be used in gasoline. Our sole focus is on additive technology for diesel fuel and diesel engines.
15. What is +Cetane Boost?
Cetane is a powerful energy compound that improves the ignition quality of fuel. There is a direct relationship between a diesel fuel’s cetane number and its ignition point. The lower the cetane number, the longer the ignition delay. Fuels with high cetane numbers burn more quickly and more completely, resulting in smoother and quieter running engines, quicker engine starts, more power and improved fuel economy. In fact, the Engine Manufacturers Association (EMA) states, “Fuels with low cetane numbers will cause hard starting, rough operation, noise and exhaust smoke. Generally, diesel engines will operate better on fuels with cetane numbers above 50 compared to fuels with cetane numbers of the national average of 46.”
16. What is Slickdiesel Lubricator?
Slickdiesel Lubricator is a proprietary Power Service diesel fuel lubricity additive that is added to many of our products to increase the lubrication properties of diesel fuel. This increase in lubricity will increase the life of fuel pumps and injectors. The fuel pump manufacturers (Bosch, Delphi, Denso, Siemens and Stanadyne) consider fuel lubricity to be the most crucial property of diesel fuel as it relates to reduction of pump and injector wear. The Engine Manufacturers Association (EMA) has stated that, “Shortened life of engine components such as fuel injection pumps and unit injectors usually can be ascribed to a lack of fuel lubricity and hence is a concern to engine manufacturers.” Slickdiesel Lubricator meets the new ASTM HFRR 520 Lubricity Specifications for the United States and the more stringent European Specifications of 460 in most fuels.